While we don’t endorse excessive drinking on the course, it’s safe to say that a tipple and a wager adds colour to any game of golf.
So here are our favourite golf drinking games – one for the pars and one for the bars. These ought to provide you with hours of fun (and possibly a sore head in the morning):
1. Boozy Bunker:
Summary: Finding the sand too often in a round can ruin your day… but not when you’re rewarded with a heart-warming glug of your favourite scotch!
- First shot into a bunker, player responsible has a shot.
- Second shot into a bunker, player responsible has two shots.
- Third shot into a bunker, player responsible has three shots.
- … you get the picture
Above: Just try not to get stuck in too many bunkers or you could end up getting your bonce stuck in a bin…
2. Tour Tipple
Summary: We all know that beer is the perfect side dish to a plate full of golf on the TV. This game will add a little structure to your drinking patterns next time the fairways find the flat screen.
- Birdie: (1) Drink: Each time a successful birdie putt is shown on TV.
- Shut it!: (1) Drink: When a fan audibly yells: “GET IN THE HOLE!” (2) Drinks if yelled during a shot over 300yards – no one’s holing out from there!
- Tiger in the Woods: (2) Drinks: Any time Tiger Woods has to play from the trees.
- Big Bird: (2) Drinks: For every eagle.
- Chipper: (2) Drinks: For every chip-in.
- Slam Dunk: (1) Shot: For a hole-in-one. Or any albatross for that matter.
- Big Bubba: (2) Shots: Every time a golfer cries.
Don’t forget, as always, please drink responsibly.